Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy

Yes! I am finally back from my late summer hiatus. I hope you have enjoyed the "Best Of" blogs that have been running in the last few weeks. You haven't seen them? Just check the archives- you can always re-visit your favorites from the last year. Remember the one about how Geno's doesn't have good sandwiches? Ah yes, another popular favorite was the one in the oval office when George the second was appointing "Judgalito"? I love that one.

--------

Anyway I have some late summer updates since I've been away:

First, of course, Tom Cruise had a baby with Katie Holmes. At least that's what they want us to think. Its possible that aliens brought the baby from outer space- maybe somewhere out there by planet Pluto. Wait, what's that you say? Well I still think its a planet too, but the whole deal did confuse the President:

---------

Interior- Oval Office - Day

Georgie: Hey Boltey can we get some one over at Disney on the phone?

Josh Bolten: (Invisible chief of staff) Sure Sir, did you want to get their CEO for your Arts advisory board?

Georgie: My what now? No, Boltey I want to find out about what happened with Mickey's dog.

Boltey: Mickey, Sir?

Georgie: Yeah you know Mickey Mouse- the one with the ears (puts his hands up by his ears)
You know the hat I have for cabinet meetings?

Boltey: Yes, but what about him sir?

Georgie: They went and killed off his dog- Plew-toe and I want to know why. You shouldn't go and kill off a mans dog like that.

Boltey: Oh, no Sir I think you're mistaken.

Georgie: No, I heard it all day yesterday- 'Plew-toe is no more' 'Goodbye to Pluto' and other such stuff.

Boltey: No, Sir they were talking about the Planet- the astronomers decided it wasn't really a planet.

Georgie: So the dog's OK?

Boltey: Its a cartoon, Sir.

Georgie: Is it still a dog or did they decide it wasn't a dog anymore?

Boltey: Yes, Sir and Goofy too.

Georgie: Goofy? Isn't he the new Federal Reserve guy?

--------

I must give a special shout out to one of my favorite shows "24" - they actually won an emmy for best drama series. I think they really deserve it - they may have their flaws, but they are consistenly better than most Hollywood films you see. I'm also glad for Kiefer "Jack" Sutherland, but I think the emmy should have gone to Hugh Laurie for "House"- or at least he should have been nominated. And again proving their good taste and fact that the emmy's really aren't a popularity contest- "American Idol" - still has no emmys!

--------

It's the end of the Summer and who is at the top of the Billboard album charts? That's right Bob Dylan. Wait, is it Summer 2006 or 1966? I can't wait for that next Beatles album.

--------

Summer is now officially over now that the NFL has started for real. The first weekend was a perfect one from an Eagles' fan perspective- Eagles win and Cowboys lose. Giants too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home