Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Half Day

Today is my half birthday. That's right halfway through my personal calendar year. Thirty-seven and a half. Six months till my birthday. What, you mean you don't celebrate half birthdays? They are big in my family - we even sometimes remember to make a phone call or send an e-mail. Just one of the many things that makes my family slightly weird.

My sister Abby (half birthday Jan 23) and my mom (half birthday July 16) are the best at remembering. OK, actually they are the only ones who would remember. We can even make each other feel guilty for forgetting. I apologized to my sister for forgetting my neices' half birthday exactly a month ago (18 months!! thats 1.5 regular years). I talked to my brother today and reminded him that his half is coming up (May 11).

I think more people should start to celebrate the half year mark. Do you really need a big excuse for a halfway-decent party or buying a partially appreciated gift? If you ask my Dad (July 18) he'll tell you a funny story about half a birthday cake (unfortunately for his actual birthday).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

o my g-d-----i forgot your half birthday too!!!!!!we spoke and you didn't even remind me or deride me----but you got your brother's date wrong---it is may 10th, not 11th---wow

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home