Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hu's on the Ball?

(Note: You should probably read this one out loud or get someone else to read it with you)

Last night at the White House President Bush and his new Chief-of-Staff Josh Bolten are going over up coming events.

W: Hey Boltey, whats goin on. You gettin' settled in?

Boltey: Yes Sir, but it is extremely busy this week.

W: Yeah- Don't we got that Chinese President coming tomorrow, what's his name?

Boltey: Hu.

W: You know, the Chinese fella we got coming for lunch.

Boltey: Yes, Sir that's right and the ceremony in the Rose Garden.

W: Who's going to be there?

Boltey: Well, I should hope so Sir, its all in his honor!

W: Who?

Boltey: That's right sir.

W: I've never been right so much and still not known what I'm talkin about.

Boltey: Yes sir.

W: (Thinking out loud) So we sit down to lunch and the Chinese President gets up to make a toast - it'll be who?

Boltey: That's right, Sir but it'll probably be short because he doesn't speak much Engllish.

W: Who?

Boltey: Yes, sir.

W: (Frustrated) OK, so is the Chinese Premier coming too?

Boltey: Wen?

W: On Friday right they told me friday?

Boltey: Of course sir - Wen is Friday.

W: Well they didn't move it Boltey, its still right after Thursday.

Boltey: Yes, that's right sir.

W: Now are we having lunch with the Premier fella too?

Boltey: Wen

W: Well, I assume its lunch time- don't you know the schedule?

Boltey: Of course sir. You're right.

W: I am?

Boltey: Of course.

W: (Thinking again) OK - so we sit down to lunch on Friday whenever it is and the Premier is to my right, who is there?

Boltey: No, Sir Hu is on Thursday.

W: That's what I'm asking.

Boltey: What's that, Sir.

W: (Very frustrated) Darn it All I want to know is, who is the Premier?

Boltey: No Sir he's the President - he's coming tomorow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha very cute - I should admonish you for mocking the language of my people, but I don't approve of the Mainland anyway... - A.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Gregory Owen said...

A -

The big news of the week for Taiwan was actually that the White House referred to China as the "Republic of China" which is of course the official name of Taiwan. The mainland is the "People's Republic of China" This is a major gaffe that will anger the Communists for years to come.

G

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home