Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What I had for Lunch

So I was browsing through a large coffeehouse/bookstore the other day and - right past a book by Jared the "Subway" guy- I saw a book called "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog" by somebody named Margaret Mason. Now, Ms. Mason's book was filled with pithy ideas about what she thinks you should write about- things such as "Conduct Unecessary Experiments", "Eavesdrop on people in public" , "Take an unusual stand on an Issue" or "Give some insider knowledge about your hometown." Now I'm sure all this could be fine, and if you haven't already thought of most of these gems you should turn in your keyboard. But my main problem is I don't like her telling me that the main subject of my blog is boring. What I had for lunch can be very interesting- especially if it was a sandwich. Now if you had a salad or a container of yogurt I don't really care, but a sandwich, at least a good one is worth a thousand words. What kind of bread was it? Was there meat? Cheese? Vegetables and condiments? Did you have anything on the side? There are hundreds of things to write about.

I think she should have named her book "No One Cares what your Cat/Dog/Kid did today...."

Actually, I think I've written about all those things - and they weren't even my pets or kids. Maybe that makes it more interesting, hmm. Anyway, today for lunch I had a nice salmon filet with a soy glaze and rice pilaf with wheat berries, plus some very nice Pomegranite Soda and a slice of Apple Torte for dessert. My favorite part of the meal was that it was free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I had a container of yogurt for lunch----you got a problem with that??? wow

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home