Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bring him back

During a time like this I feel sorry for people who aren't into sports. What do they pay attention to in their free time? The sports scene is the only true drama left in the world. Maybe politics, but politics and politicians these days are very depressing and discouraging. On the other hand you never know what's going to happen in a game. Take the Eagles Vs. San Diego a few weeks ago- they win on a blocked field goal that bounces directly into a players hands and is returned for a touchdown. Never seen that before. Its never happened to the Eagles.

Now all this stuff with TO is following the script you pretty much expected, but I wish the outcome had been different. Sure TO is a jerk and probably a bit of a sociopath, but no one doubts his ability on the field and that is what counts to me. It's not a moral victory for me if we got rid of a bad seed and didn't have to pay him any more money. I just want the team to win - I want to be happy on Mondays not wondering what went wrong. TO was extremely exciting to watch and even his off-field crap was amusing in an "I can't believe what he just said" kind of way. Bottom line is that they have a better chance of winning more games and being a better sports / entertainment product with TO out there. I also have a sneaking feeling that if the team would really lose significant money by letting him go it wouldn't have happened. They have already sold all their tickets. The TV money is already in the bank. They might sell a few less TO jerseys, but that shouldn't come to a huge amount. The funny thing is the team has most of the fans thinking that they are brave and correct and "doing the right thing for team chemistry" How about really doing the right thing and doing everything possible to win games?

Oh, and by the way, Eagles and #81 are such a big story in this town that a Phillies pitcher was arrested for attempted murder yesterday but that has been pushed to the back pages. I'd tell you his name but I can't remember- I'm using all my mental energy on the Eagles' soap opera.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home